Sequencing with Lenny
Now available on both Apple and Android, 'Sequencing with Lenny' is a fun app for children ages three years and up that teaches many linguistic skills such as: sequencing, sentence formulation (using increasingly longer and more complex sentences), understanding and use of ‘first’ ‘next’ and ‘last’ linguistic concepts, and storytelling skills.
Join Lenny and his friend Bailey in a series of common childhood activities that are both entertaining and educational.
Screenshots above show just a couple of examples of activities for children to put in the correct order. Once the pictures are in the correct order, you can play the movie of the activity.
Included are some exciting features not found in other sequencing apps:
- An option to include the audio clues: 'first', 'next' and 'last' to accompany the spoken clues. This option provides more clues for children and also helps reinforce these linguistic concepts.
- An option to add your own sequence of your child engaged in an activity. This is a great way to personalize the app for your child!
- A 'Teach Me' button. Activate it and the app will guide you through putting the pictures in the correct order. This feature is great for children in the early stages of learning sequencing and for when they are using the app independently.
- Mini-animations provide even more clues and context. Simply double-tap on any picture and a mini animation will show just that part of the sequence.
- Both three and four panel sequences are included to make the app more challenging for older children.
- Settings can be customized to increase or decrease the level of difficulty for your child.
- Pictures and animations are engaging without being too 'busy' and full of distracting elements.
Watch a YouTube video to see all the cool features!
Add Your Own Sequence Option
This is a really cool feature that allows you to add your own sequence of your child engaged in an activity of their choice. What a great way to personalize the game and make learning super relevant for your child! You can either take pictures and enter them into the app on the fly or use previously taken pictures from your camera roll. You type in your own title and picture captions and record your own voiceovers - all at the touch of a few buttons!
Check this one out. I made the above sequence of my son (he's a little older than your average player) playing with Marbleworks. It took me less than 5 minutes!